SABC Education Virtual Academy (SEVA) is a self-help eLearning management system developed to support the quality of education in South Africa, by repurposing the educational TV programs by the SABC for online learning, and for usage by general public.
Nkgomoleng (Emshukantambo Secondary)
"It made my marks so much higher."
Dimpho (Jabulani Technical High School)
"SEVA has played a big role on my studies."
Mahlatse (Topaz Secondary)
"I really liked it because it has helped me to understand things that I didn’t understand in class."
Fatima (Emshukantambo Secondary)
"SEVA made a huge difference to my studying."
Manesi (Central Secondary School )
"I like using SEVA, I find that it makes things easier to understand and remember."
What is SEVA?
SABC Education Virtual Academy is an online, self-help learning management system aimed at supporting and promoting the quality of education in South Africa.
Who can use SEVA?
SEVA is a public platform, open to members of the public with an interest in programs offered by the academy.
Objectives of SEVA
• Promote learner support
• Assist in nation building and skills development
What are the benefits of SEVA?• No need for passwords and registration — except for the e-store.
• SEVA is a convenient self-help resource, suitable for further learning and training.
• Access to visual peers with similar interests in the programs offered by the academy.
• Ability to engage with SABC TV programs beyond broadcast.
• SEVA is flexible — access SEVA and its programs anytime, anywhere, using any smart device.